Is there a term for this?

Via GOTty, two cops pull someone over and nick him for drink driving, and then decide to drive his car, a Mitsubishi Evo, rather than wait for a recovery vehicle as per force policy.

And then they crash the bastard.

Incidentally, I feel that the BBC reporter was very forgiving by saying that they lost control on the bend, because after watching the video clip on the Beeb’s site a couple of times and spending a few minutes on the web and Google Earth I’m pretty confident that the crash site is here.,-2.310326&spn=0.00144,0.003224&z=18&output=embed
View Larger Map

Looks like the crash was at the little island in the middle of the picture, so presumably this so called bend is the one about 100 yards west along Hale Road. Bend? Call that a bend? Hardly fucking world rally special stage territory, is it? Christ, they must have been trying to get 1.21 gigawatts into the flux capacitor or something.

So what do we call this? Well, as I mentioned in the comments at Chez Twat, I happened upon this the other day:

12 – Taking motor vehicle or other conveyance without authority.

(1) Subject to subsections (5) and (6) below, a person shall be guilty of an offence if, without having the consent of the owner or other lawful authority, he takes any conveyance for his own or another’s use or, knowing that any conveyance has been taken without such authority, drives it or allows himself to be carried in or on it.

(5) Subsection (1) above shall not apply in relation to pedal cycles; but, subject to subsection (6) below, a person who, without having the consent of the owner or other lawful authority, takes a pedal cycle for his own or another’s use, or rides a pedal cycle knowing it to have been taken without such authority, shall on summary conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding [F5level 3 on the standard scale.]

(6) A person does not commit an offence under this section by anything done in the belief that he has lawful authority to do it or that he would have the owner’s consent if the owner knew of his doing it and the circumstances of it.

(7) For purposes of this section—

(a) “conveyance” means any conveyance constructed or adapted for the carriage of a person or persons whether by land, water or air, except that it does not include a conveyance constructed or adapted for use only under the control of a person not carried in or on it, and “drive” shall be construed accordingly; and
(b) “owner”, in relation to a conveyance which is the subject of a hiring agreement or hire-purchase agreement, means the person in possession of the conveyance under that agreement.

I got that from here, The Theft Act, 1968. Obviously I’m a layman, not a lawyer, and I’m happy to be correct but it sounds awfully like the term for these two is ‘a pair of fucking thieves’. If I’ve misread that then I’d say that there can be no argument that they’re certainly a pair of fucking twats who couldn’t drive a greasy pole up a cow’s arse.


Posted on September 5, 2010, in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Is there a term for this?.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: